When Spring begins, all manner of things begin and/or renew their cycle of growth. In my Ostara ritual, one of the things I expressed hope for was that I would be able to take new steps down the Wiccan Path. My prayer has been answered.
Shortly after Ostara, I met a new friend, Karen, who I felt comfortable enough with that I was able to reveal my status as a witch right away. She is Christian, from what I have gathered, but accepting of my choice to follow Wicca. She also is interested in some of my magick, particularly with stones. I gave her several stones that I felt would assist her with finding balance and success in her life.
Thus, I have taken steps forward in that I am able to explain the ways in which I show devotion to the God and Goddess and principles of Wicca as a whole.
Also, just tonight, I found out my beloved Grandma Coplon is not doing well physically, and in pain. I haven't lit candles or opened a circle in quite some time but felt compelled to after this news. I did so simply, not offering invocations but instead just talking to the deities as a child might who needs help. What I asked is something I feel should remain private, but I am proud that I did it at all.
I see this as a step forward because for the first time I was not asking the deities to assist me for personal reasons, but to assist someone else, or allow me the strength and knowledge to do so.
The shift from internal to external fulfillment is an important one. It signifies to me that my magick has grown and that I am ready to move more into healing magick.
Misha
No comments:
Post a Comment